My name is Theresa Similich. I am a cradle Catholic with a love of Scripture, the Eucharist, and the Blessed Mother. I am a daily Communicant and spend much of my time volunteering at my church in various capacities. My primary ministries are as Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion, Lector, prayer and healing ministry and Catholic Women’s Scripture Study facilitator. Favorite hobbies include photography, Faith Blogging, Faithbooking, crochet, artwork and various other crafts. I enjoy spiritual reading and writing spiritual poetry. Eating out with friends, camping and gardening are a few more of my favorite activities.
- “Be who God calls you to be and you will set the world on fire.” ~ St. Catherine of Siena
- “How can it be that the most wondrous and sacred human space – the womb – has become a place of unutterable violence?” ~ Pope Benedict XVI
- “The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.” ~ Edmund Burke
Favorite Passages of Scripture:
- “A new heart I will give you, and a new spirit I will put within you; and I will take out of your flesh the heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to observe my ordinances. You shall dwell in the land which I gave to your fathers; and you shall be my people, and I will be your God.” ~ Ezekiel 36:26-28
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.” ~ Proverbs 3:5
- “All things are possible to him who believes.” ~ Mark 9:23
- “For I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” ~ Jeremiah 29:11
- “The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn and provide for those who grieve in Zion – to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.” ~ (NIV*) Isaiah 61:1-3
- “I will give them a heart to know that I am the LORD; and they shall be my people and I will be their God, for they shall return to me with their whole heart” ~ Jeremiah 24:7
- “Yet, O LORD, thou art our Father; we are the clay, and thou art our potter; we are all the work of thy hand.” ~ Isaiah 64:8
- “And I will betroth you to me for ever; I will betroth you to me in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love, and in mercy.” ~ Hosea 2:19
- “He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?” ~ Micah 6:8
- “Come to him, to that living stone, rejected by men but in God’s sight chosen and precious; and like living stones be yourselves built into a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. . . . you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s own people, that you may declare the wonderful deeds of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.” ~ 1 Peter 2:4-5, 9-10
All scripture verses are from the Revised Standard Version of the Bible unless otherwise indicated.
NIV* – New International Version
Copyright – All rights reserved.
All artwork on “Rock, Paper, Scissors” is copyright © 2017 by Theresa Similich